Never take your eyes for granted. It is an essential part of your body and one of the delicate organs. Any kind of eye problems can lead to blurred vision or complete loss of vision. If you think you are having any such problem like blur vision or itching on eyes, then you should immediately visit a doctor. He will recommend eye tests to find out the problem and will accordingly prescribe medications to you.
Categories Of Eye Doctor:
Take help from an eye care professional if you find any problems related to your vision. Only a professional doctor can find out the problem like diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, etc. He will recommend you take eye tests. However, you should know that there are various categories of eye doctors.
- Opticians: They are glass distributors and are not associated with diagnosing patients. They are mostly work in the shops and they can help you to choose the best quality eyeglasses or contact lenses.
- Ophthalmologist: They are the doctors responsible for treating various eye diseases. Their services may also include prescribing contact lenses and glasses. Unlike an optometrist, he performs eye surgeries as well.
- Optometrist: They are the professional doctors responsible for eye tests, and they diagnose different kinds of eye problems. However, they do not perform any eye surgery and they cannot prescribe any medicine.
- Primary care providers: They are responsible for sorting out general eye problems which can be just a part of a normal health issue.
Symptoms To Look For:
Below mentioned are some of the symptoms which you carefully watch out and even if it temporary, you should make an appointment with a doctor. He might ask you for eye tests to find out the cause of the symptom.
- Red painful eye
- Swollen eyes
- Partial or total loss of vision
- double vision
- halos around light, blind spots
- Feeling of shade behind your vision
- An eye injury.
Tips For Taking Care Of Your Eyes:
It is essential to take care of your eyes and make sure that it is healthy. Here mentioned are tips to follow for taking care of your eyes.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet: You need to eat a lot of veggies and fruits to get the essential nutrients and vitamins responsible for a healthy eye. Include foods in your regular diet plans that are rich in Omega 3 like salmon, tuna, etc.
- Maintain a proper weight: Obesity is one of the major problems all throughout the globe. Being overweight means obesity and being obese, you can develop type-2 diabetes. Diabetes is one of the primary causes for putting you at risk of getting glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy.
- Wear sunglasses: When going out for office or college, wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from dust particles and harmful UV rays. Exposure to sunlight can cause cataract problems.
- Prevent eye infection if you are using contact lens: Always wash your eyes with clean a cold water before putting on your contacts. Read guidelines and wash your hands thoroughly before putting in it inside your eyes.
- Allow your eyes to take rest: Stay away from electronic gadgets or mobile devices as much as possible. Using a lot of cell phones, laptops and TV can put a lot of strain on your eyes. Take proper rest to avoid such problems.
Everyone needs to have eye tests to check out for eye problems. Vision screenings are essential both for school children and adults. Make an appointment with your doctor and get a healthy eye!